Entry Start:01/06/2015Entry Close:05/01/2016
All submitted images must have been taken in 2015.
To enter the Youth competition you must be aged between 12-19 on our closing date 5 January 2016.
The Youth Award recognises the next generation of talented young photographers.
Whether you are already a passionate photographer or just beginning your photographic journey, this is your chance to be part of the world’s biggest photography competition.
The judges will award:
- 1 Youth Photographer of the Year
- 1 winner per category
- Up to 10 shortlisted photographers per category
- Up to 40 commended photographers per category
Prizes and Benefits
All winning and shortlisted photographers will be included in a global press campaign, featured across the WPO website and exhibited at Somerset House, London in April 2016.
Additional prizes include:
- Youth Photographer of the Year – Flights and accommodation to awards in London
- Category winners – Sony product. Publication in winners’ book. Exhibition
- Shortlist – Digital exhibition. Publication in winners’ book
“My photo appeared in my local newspaper which was a really amazing experience. It was really strange seeing my photo on display and I still can’t quite believe it, it made me extremely happy seeing other people looking at my photo and commenting on it. I think everyone should enter even if they don’t think they would get chosen, you never know. I will never forget this experience!” Stephanie Anjo, UK, Winner, Youth, Portraits, 2015 – aged 14
“I went on live television shows to talk about the award and my work. It was a really exciting experience. Besides that, I gave interviews to all the main Portuguese TV networks and also to the main newspapers. (At the exhibition) I had my picture next to some great photographers’ work which leaves me very happy because it means my work has value.” Beatriz Mota da Rocha, Portugal, Winner, Youth, Culture, 2015 – aged 15
- Basic Members – up to 3 photographs for free, submitted into one category or spread across multiple categories
- Increase your chances by upgrading to Advanced Membership (enter up to 8 images) or Premium Membership (enter up to 20 images).
Please note, once you have entered the Youth competition you will not be able to enter the Open or Professional competitions.