Level 3 Graphic design Packaging Session 1
Understand why packaging is important in
What are you? and guess which is my generation? And What is this?
Section 1 Research – group
Research the Main historic moments in packaging history:
- Natural Packaging
- Paper bags
- sustainable packaging
Is consumer packaging history rooted in military?
Section 2 the Audience
Who do you design for?
- You need to think of all the factors influencing the buyers decision
- Types of buyers
- Auto-pilot buyer
- Buzz shopper
- bargain hunter
- Habitual loyalist
- Brand purist
Base on the above you will have to create an audience persona for your product.
You will need to use the sources below to produce your audience research based on your product:
Questions to ask when planning your packaging
- What product your creating packaging for?
- What material are you going to use: bottle, plastic, can,
- Will the audience see the product through a window? if yes what material? the cut out will disturb your design?
- Standards, information
- bar code
- dates: expiring date, packaging date
- sizes: specific size for the text with product content; nutrition label, ingredient, allergies information
- Guidelines: alcohol packaging, food packaging, children
- Distributor information (proctor and gamble)
- Where to place all information
Understanding the lingo
- die cut sheet