TAQA Level 4 Certificate in Quality Assurance INDIVIDUAL ASSESSOR INTERNAL VERIFICATION SAMPLING PLAN
INDIVIDUAL ASSESSOR INTERNAL VERIFICATION SAMPLING PLAN
The forms bellow have been created during the course of study for my Quality Assurance Training, as when learning independently for this course information is scarce so I am sharing my own that I
9. Explain the appropriate criteria to use for judging the quality of the assessment process.
As Internal Verifier my role would entails working closely with Assessors and ensures that they understand;-
- The Teaching and assessing context of a Class, this includes checking qualifications aims and objectives according to qualifying standards, as well as looking at pre-requisites for a set of qualifications. I would particularly looking at pre-requisites if I come to work as an Internal Verifier in an open learning environment (where learning is opened to all), because it can help setting teaching and catching up sessions for learners who might enrol on a course without pre-requisites. Apart from looking for the above I will look with the assessors at Internal teaching and Assessing Policies set by managers, to ensure that standard are taken into accounts when planning for a course of study (delivery, teaching and assessing methods), this will help in highlighting the timing, delivery methods, constrains in planning the teaching and assessing a course of study.
When a team has to work on the standardisation of an assessment process, they have to take into account;
- The External Influences related to the assessment, which are the teaching and assessing governing bodies, the qualification standards, the qualifying bodies, and other related organisational bodies (Health & Safety etc…)
- The qualification Aims and intended learning outcomes for specific unit and criteria within a set of qualifications
- The criteria on which External and Internal Verifiers are excepting Assessors to support students in performing in a learning environment
- The methods of learning that will trigger a learning process that is conductive to all learners passing a qualification
- The methods of assessment and different tasks that students will perform to achieve a qualification
- The marking methods use based upon criteria set by IV/EV, qualification aims
- The feedback methods used which must be opened and offer student’s the ability to give their input into the learning and achievement process